Caesar Cipher Encode and Decode Online
Online Caesar cipher encryption and decryption tool, supporting Caesar cipher encryption for text and decryption of Caesar ciphertext. The characters that support encryption include English lowercase letters, English uppercase letters, and Chinese characters.
In cryptography, Caesar cipher, also known as Caesar encryption, Caesar transformation, or transformation encryption, is the simplest and most widely known encryption technique. All letters in plaintext are offset back (or forward) by a fixed number on the alphabet and replaced with ciphertext. For example, when the offset is 3, all letters A will be replaced with D, B becomes E, and so on.
- Input Content : Enter the plaintext to be encrypted or the ciphertext to be decrypted.
- Offset : The offset of Caesar cipher. Values greater than 0 are offset backwards. Values less than 0 are offset forward. An offset encrypted text can only be decrypted using the same offset.
- Other Char : This tool supports Caesar encryption for English lowercase letters, English uppercase letters, and Chinese characters ( \u4E00- \u9FA5). Characters that are not within this range can be retained or deleted.
- Encode : Encrypt the input plaintext with Caesar encryption.
- Decode : Perform Caesar decryption on the input ciphertext text.